This simple recipe for beer biscuits made with your favorite American lager is a great addition to your beer recipe arsenal. To add variety in flavor and texture, experiment with different cheeses, beers or even nuts!
- To make these beer biscuits with rosemary and feta, reheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients well, add your spices and cheese (optional), then pour in the American lager and mix it all together.
- If the dough seems very dry, slowly add up to 1/4 cup of water, until all of the flour is incorporated. Try not to over mix.
- Pour the dough into a lightly greased loaf pan or divide it into a muffin tin. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes for bread or 25 minutes for biscuits.
- The recipe makes one loaf of bread or 12 good-sized biscuits. I’m partial to biscuits because there’s more surface area for crust.
- Variations: Use different types of beer. You can also add spices, cheese and/or nuts to change the flavor and texture of the beer bread.