- 6 ounces stout
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp black cocoa (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- To make these decadent stout cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, salt, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips.
- In a larger bowl beat the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the molasses, vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Alternate the flour and the stout with the egg mixture until combined.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes, or until it has firmed up enough to scoop out cookies.
- Scoop on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the top springs back lightly when touched.
- Cool completely.