Boundary Bay Blonde Ale Meatloaf with Mushroom Stout Demi-GlaceBy CraftBeer.com
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time1 hour
- Yield4 individual size meatloaves
Boundary Bay serves up this recipe, complete with video, to help you add a little life to an American classic—the meatloaf. There's even bacon and a divine Demi-Glace!
- Meatloaf 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 eggs (whisked before adding)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 - 3 slices of bread finely cut (Boundary Bay Beer Bread was used) 1/4 cup Blonde Ale (Boundary Bay Bellingham Blonde Ale was used) Mushroom Stout Demi-Glace 1.5 cup shitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Demi-Glace concentrate
- 1/4 cup Stout (Boundary Bay Dry Irish Stout was used)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine all ingredients, adding the beer last, and mix by hand until well blended.
- Form mixture into individual meatloaves or one large loaf. Mixture can also be frozen until needed later.
- If making individual sized loves, two slices of bacon may be wrapped around each loaf for extra flavor.
- Cook for 35 minutes or until 165° internal temperature.
- Melt butter in sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until soft (3 - 4 minutes).
- Add 1/4 cup of Stout.
- Add a couple tablespoons of Demi-Glace concentrate and stir well.
- Finally add water and simmer on stove for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.