Braised Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and BeerBy A Spicy Perspective
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time10 minutes prep | 22 minutes cook
These tasty Brussels sprouts from A Spicy Perspective will quickly become a favorite go-to. The caramelization of the beer creates a perfect glaze for these healthy veggies.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 6 oz. thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 12 oz. bottle beer, something light and crisp
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Trim the ends of each Brussels sprouts, removing excess leaves. Cut the sprouts in half, leaving the smallest sprouts whole.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and saute until crisp.
- Add the sliced shallot. Saute another 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add the Brussels sprouts. Stir and sear the sides of the sprouts for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the bottle of beer into the skillet. Add the salt an both peppers. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat a little. Stir and simmer until the beer has reduced to a glaze and the sprouts are cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
- See Sommer's full post at A Spicy Perspective.
Sommer Collier, resident cookery queen of A Spicy Perspective, is a food writer and professional recipe developer. She loves cooking things that bring back happy memories, and foods from places she's traveled. She also loves to give classic dishes a saucy makeover. On ASpicyPerspective.com you will find a mix of global fare, healthy-conscious dishes, and good ol’ American comfort food..