Hoisin and Brown Bearale Braised Short RibsBy Chef Jason Casey
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Timebraise 3+ hours
Enjoy delicious short ribs braised in the rich, smokey, even slightly woody maltiness of Aspen's Brown Bearale.
- 15 beef short ribs
- 25 ounces hoisin sauce
- 48 ounces Brown Bearale (4 beers)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- To make these hoisin and Brown Bearale braised short ribs, coat the short ribs in oil and then season evenly with all the spices.
- Heat a sauté pan and sear the short ribs on all sides.
- In a large pot add the Short Ribs, Hoisin Sauce, and the Brown Bearale (or your favorite American brown ale).
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, while covered.
- Allow to braise for 3 to 4 hours or until fork tender.
- Serve with buttered parpadelle pasta, and a pint of Brown Bearale.