Hoisin & Brown Bearale Braised Beef Short-RibsBy Chef Jason Casey
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep TimeBraise 3 -4 hours
Enjoy delicious short ribs braised in the rich, smokey, even slightly woody maltiness of Aspen's Brown Bearale.
- 15 Beef Short Ribs
- 25 Ounces - Hoisin Sauce
- 48 Ounces - Brown Bearale (aprox. 4 Beers)
- 3 Tablespoons - Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon - Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon - Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon - Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon - Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon - Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon - Onion Powder
- 1. First coat the short ribs in oil and then season evenly with all the spices.
2. Heat a sauté pan and sear the short ribs on all sides.
3. In a large pot add the Short Ribs, Hoisin Sauce, and the Brown Bearale.
4. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, while covered.
5. Allow to braise for 3 to 4 Hours or until fork tender.
6. Serve with Buttered Parpadelle Pasta, and a pint of Brown Bearale.
- Learn more about Chef Jason Casey.