- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2-3 Tbsp flour (for thickness)
- 3/4 cup IPA
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 8 ounces of grated cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar and American are awesome)
- Bread of your choice (Texas Toast is our favorite)
- Butter for spreading (softened)
- Back Forty Beer Co. teamed up with Melt, a grilled cheese truck, to make the perfect grilled beer cheese sandwich.
- First, melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add the milk and IPA and stir well.
- Reduce to low heat and add the cheese.
- Cook (stirring often) until melted.
- Butter the bread, add the cheese (add some more grated cheese if you want), and cook on a skillet until golden brown (flipping occasionally).