- To make these bear-glazed black beans, place olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook for about 1 minute, then add the brown ale, beans, chili powder, honey and some salt and pepper. If you are going to add tomatoes, do so at this step.
- Bring to a steady bubble and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately. The black beans can also be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days.