Chipotle Ale Cornbread MuffinsBy Taylor Takes a Taste
- Recipe TypeSide Dish
- Prep Time15 minutes
Just when you thought cornbread couldn't get any better, Taylor Takes a Taste kicks it up a notch by adding Rogue Chipotle Ale. The hint of heat from the beer is the perfect complement to this hearty dinner standard.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 cups self rising cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 oz chipotle beer
- To make these spicy cornbread muffins, mix all dry ingredients (including cheese).
- Add chipotle beer (or other pepper beer) and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Place in a greased muffin tin (filling about half full) and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- *Optional step - with 5 minutes of cooking left, you can brush melted butter onto the muffins.
- Let cool and enjoy!