- To make this beer cheese soup, chop the carrots, celery, and onion and sauté over medium heat until completely cooked and soft. While sautéing, season it up with salt and pepper.
- Mince the garlic, add to the other vegetables and sauté a minute at most. Add the flour and stir to coat all of the vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, slowly at first, whisking the entire time. Pour in the IPA and milk. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, whisking/stirring occasionally as needed.
- Turn the heat down to low. Fish out the bay leaves. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Add the cheese one cup at a time, stirring and melting the cheese entirely before adding any more. Check for seasoning.
- Garnish with spicy popcorn like I did, or croutons, bacon or whatever you'd like!