This zucchini bread features Left Hand Nitro Stout, which densifies the treat, making the finished product a high-energy treat that pairs perfectly with a dark roast coffee (in the mornings) or a robust dark ale (in the evening).
- 12 oz Left Hand Nitro Stout
- 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 chipotle peppers from canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp adobo sauce from can
- ground cayenne to desired spiciness
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To make this zucchini bread, preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cayenne.
- In a different bowl, mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil. Mix well.
- Finely chop chipotle peppers.
- Add chipotle peppers, zucchini and adobo sauce to the egg/sugar mixture.
- Add flour mixture to egg/sugar mixture. Slowly pour beer into mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased 9×5 loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until finished (to check, stick a toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean, the bread is done).
- Cool for 20 minutes in pan, remove and allow bread to finish cooling on a cooling rack.