- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger root
- 3-4 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 oz IPA
- 2 tbsp cold water combined with 1 tbsp cornstarch for a thickening slurry
- 2 lbs uncooked shrimp, tail on, peeled and deveined
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, core removed, flesh cut into 2 inch cubes
- To prepare the IPA pineapple teriyaki start by bringing the pineapple juice to simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the grated ginger and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Next stir in the dark brown sugar, soy sauce and the IPA of your choice.
- Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the slurry to thicken the teriyaki. Set the saucepan aside to cool off the sauce. Transfer to a suitable storage container with an airtight lid once completely cooled off. (The sauce can be stored safely in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
- Meanwhile, make the skewers (alternate shrimp and pineapple pieces) and heat the grill.
- Brush the IPA pineapple teriyaki over the skewers and grill for about 2 minutes on each side. Once the shrimp are cooked through, transfer the skewers to a platter and brush one more time with the sauce.