- 4 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, roughly peeled and sliced 1/4”
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup New Belgium Brewing's Ranger IPA
- 9 leaves basil, chopped
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- To make these IPA mashed potatoes, put potatoes in a cold pot of water and add salt. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil just until it begins to brown.
- Add butter, milk and IPA. Cook until warm, then add to potatoes and mash them.
- Fold in basil, adjust seasonings and serve.