This recipe makes delicious salmon cakes paired with a tangy kolsch chutney. Enjoy these as bite size cakes for crowd pleasing appetizers, or make these cakes larger for a hearty meal, perfect for spring time!
- Salmon Cakes
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and capers on medium heat.
- Add salmon, herbs, and 1/3 of the kolsch (author used Chuckanut Brewery and Kitchen Kolsch) and then allow to cool.
- Add this mixture to the mayo, lemon juice and 1 cup panko, mix.
- Form cakes to desired size.
- Crack egg into a separate container which you will later be able to place the cakes in.
- Put the rest of the panko in a separate cooking sheet or dish that you are also able to place the cakes in to be covered.
- Roll the cakes in the egg, and then press them in the panko until they are covered and let chill.
- Beer Chutney
- Blend the craisins.
- Slowly add the remaining kolsch and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Get a pan nice and hot and brown both sides of the salmon cakes quickly.
- Cook the cakes in the oven for 3-6 minutes.