Salmon Cakes with Beer ChutneyBy James Wolpert
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time10 minutes
This recipe makes delicious salmon cakes paired with a tangy chutney. Enjoy these as bite size cakes for crowd pleasing appetizers, or make these cakes larger for a hearty meal, perfect for spring time!
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms, onions, and capers
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dill
- 3 cups panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint Chuckanut Brewery and Kitchen Kolsch
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 cup of craisins
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Cake Preparation
- Saute onions, mushrooms and capers on medium heat.
- Add salmon, herbs, and 1/3 of the beer and then allow to cool.
- Add this mixture to the mayo, lemon juice, and 1 cup panko, mix.
- Form cakes to desired size.
- Crack egg into a separate container which you will later be able to place the cakes in.
- Put the rest of the panko in a separate cooking sheet or dish that you are also able to place the cakes in to be covered.
- Roll the cakes in the egg, and then press them in the panko until they are covered and let chill.
- Blend the craisins.
- Slowly add the remaining beer and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Get a pan nice and hot and brown both sides of the salmon cakes quickly.
- Cook the cakes in the oven for 3-6 minutes.