Boundary Bay Brewery provides this step by step video for preparing their Blonde Ale Turkey made with garlic and fresh sage.
- Inject turkey in the upper and lower breast and each thigh with an injector full of mixture of 2/3 blonde ale and 1/3 garlic infused oil.
- Brush entire bird with butter (helps to brown the skin) and season with salt and pepper. Add salt and pepper to the inside of the bird as well.
- Stuff turkey with lemons (halved), garlic cloves and fresh herbs.
- Tie up the turkey at the wings, thighs and legs.
- Add three cans of turkey or chicken broth and the leftover butter to the basting pan.
- Cover with foil and roast at 325°F for 15 minutes per pound.
- Baste turkey every 15 - 20 minutes while cooking.
- Uncover for the last 30 minutes of roasting to ensure a nicely browned skin.