This über cheesy mac n' cheese is made your favorite stout and five different types of cheese, including Gorgonzola, which pairs wonderfully with stouts.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate stout (or dry stout)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 lb. Brie
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 package)
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups dry elbow pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs
- To make this deliciously cheesy mac n' cheese, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente, strain and put aside.
- In a medium size, heavy-bottom pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour to form a light roux. Slowly whisk in the stout and half and half.
- Add the Brie and cream cheese to the sauce, stirring until the cheeses are melted and incorporated. Stir in the Gorgonzola, cheddar and half the Parmesan. Stir until cheese sauce is blended and then add the pasta. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a baking pan and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and panko crumbs. Cook 30-40 minutes (until bubbling on the edges and browned on the top).