These salty-sweet beer puffs are perfect for your next get-together. Megan, the blogger behind these beer puffs, says they can be served hot or cold and the IPA adds an amazing dimension to the recipe.
Beer Puffs1 cup India Pale Ale
Deviled Ham Filling1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium saucepan, bring beer and butter to a boil over medium-high heat. Cut heat back to medium and stir in flour, salt and sugar.
- Keep mixing until dough forms a ball. Remove from heat and add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto a Silpat lined cookie sheet. Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate overnight.
- Slice puffs crosswise. Fill puffs with tablespoon of ham mixture.
- If serving hot, preheat oven to 350°F. Place puffs on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes.
- See Megan's full post.