- 6 ounces Porter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- To make these beautiful pots decrème, preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine Sierra Nevada Porter and sugar over medium heat. Reduce mixture to 3 ounces (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Bring the whipping cream and milk to a simmer in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, add chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
- Beat egg yolks into the cooled porter-sugar syrup, then slowly whisk in the hot chocolate mixture. Strain the combined ingredients into another bowl through a fine mesh strainer. Allow the strained mixture to cool for about 10 minutes, skimming any foam that remains.
- Pour the mixture into six 3/4-cup ramekins (or any small dish). Cover each ramekin with foil and place into a large baking pan. Add hot water to the baking pan until it reaches about the middle of the ramekins.
- Bake until the pots de crème are set, about 1 hour. Remove ramekins from the water, remove the foil, and chill for at least 3 hours.