Back Forty Beer Co.’s Beer Cheese SandwichBy Back Forty Beer Co.
- Recipe TypeEntree
- Prep Time10 minutes
- Yield2-4 depending on how cheesy you like it!
Back Forty Beer Co. is celebrating National Grilled Cheese Day by teaming up with Melt, a grilled cheese truck out of Birmingham, Ala. to makes the perfect grilled cheese sandwich using their Freckle Belly IPA.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons flour (for thickness)
- 3/4 cup of beer (we recommend hoppier beers to play with the sharpness of the cheese)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 8 ounces of grated cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar and American are awesome)
- Bread of your choice (Texas Toast is our favorite)
- Butter for spreading (softened)
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and stir for a couple minutes.
- Add the milk and beer and stir well.
- Reduce to low heat and add the cheese.
- Cook (stirring often) until melted.
- Butter the bread, add the cheese (add some more grated cheese if you want), and cook on a skillet until golden brown (flipping occasionally).