- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into quarter in pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large head of collard greens, leaves torn and stems removed
- 12-ounce bottle of stout
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make these collard greens, heat the oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the bacon and onion, cooking until browned.
- Toss in the collard greens and cook until slighted wilted, about 5 minutes. Be sure to stir the greens occasionally.
- Pour in smoked beer and a chicken stock. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, add the vinegar and butter during the last minute and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.